Friday, August 08, 2014

The Trifecta of Stupidity

I solve problems.  It's what I do.  At home, at work, on my free time.  It's my gift.  I like solving problems.  It's fun to find workable solutions to seemingly impossible problems (That's my tagline by the way...).  Today was no different, but sometimes the universe (i.e. God) just does not cooperate.  I had the trifecta of stupidity today.

Case 1:

The first person I tried to help is a repeat customer.  I will call him Sal.  Sal should just give it up.  No matter how hard he tries, he just is not going to get it.  I could draw pictures, restate things multiple times.... heck I have even considered finger puppets, but it just is not happening.   Sal does not get it.  Sal is clueless.  Sal is a lost cause.  I try, and have tried in the past to help, but there comes a point where you have to tell someone they are just too stupid to use your technology (or wish you could say that...).

Case 2:

The second person I tried to help is a somewhat new customer.  I get a call from Louis yesterday.  Louis told me he had a solution to his problem and wanted to know if I could help him get it done.  "Wait, wait... time out Louis, you are telling me to do X but I don't know anything about X and if your proposed solution really fixes X."  So look Louie, please submit this through the regular channels and I'll help you out, K?  Anywho, Louis calls me today and asks if I had a solution to his issue he talked to me about yesterday.  So I asked Louis if he submitted a case, he said "No, but can you figure it now on the phone?"  Well let's see....   I have no case, no details, no idea where he is located, but yet this Jerkstore expects me to use my psychic powers of clairvoyance to ascertain the crux of his issue...

Case 3:

Sara submitted a case and could not do something she should be able to do.  I took a look at her issue and then was able to reproduce her problem, which to a problem solving guy is money in the bank!  I came up with a solution and gave it to Sara.  The reply I get...  "It didn't work."  Wow!!  The Czar has spoken!  If there's nothing else better I like than THAT answer.  It really says it all and nothing all at once doesn't it folks?  You basically have told me what I sent did not work, but did not provide any details at all. 

It's Friday and I'm just done...  Time to crawl up with a Deschutes Obsidian Stout and D-E-C-O-M-P-R-E-S-S!!!!


No comments: