Monday, March 12, 2007

March 12th, A Historic Day!

Today is a historic, memorable day. JP paid off his first car!!! It is true. I was not in the habit of keeping any of my prior vehicles long enough to receive the title for them. But look what came today:

Finally--it's mine!

So with this little piece of paper, this is all mine now:

JPMatrix

(OK, so this isn't exactly my car, notice the CA license plate...but it is the right model and color so I ripped off Motor Trend...)

But this is a historic day. This event is also an example of how Sharkey has changed my life. Before her, I would keep a car about 3-4 years, then trade it to get another new car. The Matrix has been a great car though. Sharkey calls it my "man" wagon. It's not a wagon!! It's a cross over vehicle... I haven't had any problems with it at all. It is my first Japanese car. It can store just as much as the Ford Explorer I used to have, and it has great pickup, good storage, comfy seats, and a good stereo. I purchased the Matrix the first weekend Toyota released it, which gave me limited bargaining power, and Sharkey joked with me back then that I better like it because I'll be driving it for the next 10 years! But let's face it, no one can explain the Matrix to you, you have to experience it for yourself...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, you know the 10-year thing? Yeah, that wasn't a joke.

Also, for the record, I don't believe I have ever referred to this vehicle as your "man wagon."

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with your 'man wagon'--- but I'm over here still saying "Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...."

Kranki said...

Woo! Right on!! That must feel good. My car is paid off but it was 10 years old when I bought it so big whup. Cash dealio. However, I am greatly looking forward to buying a new car at some point. Doing the bargaining and everything. Picking the colour. The special smell...