Friday, May 16, 2008

The TV at 3AM

Sharkey and I are on different sleep schedules now that I am not working virtual anymore and she is virtual. My Sharkey is a bit of a night owl, so it is not uncommon for her to go to bed at 1:00 AM or later. When she comes to bed, she usually will turn on the TV, put the sleep timer on it and drift off. One night last week I woke up to the TV on and showing some really, really bright show. I looked at my clock and it was 3:17 AM. I thought Sharkey had forgotten to hit the sleep timer, so I got out of bed went to hit the button on the front to turn it off, and when my finger got within 2 inches of the button, the damn TV turned off. Clearly Sharkey went to sleep around 2:17 AM. So I dropped some colorful metaphors lurched back to bed, put my arm around Sharkey and fell back to sleep.

JP3AM

4 comments:

Character Builder said...

Whew! Just came from Flickr and thought that maybe your new TV died or something. Glad it was only this.

Anonymous said...

You look pretty tired in that picture. You should try to get more sleep. Heh.

Anonymous said...

OUCH 3:17am.... You really love the Sharkey.

I am thankful that I am not tested in this way. I fear rhat I would have had a hard time supressing an urge to push someone off the bed.

JP said...

cb That's why when you get married they make you recite the vows "for better or for worse in the dark of night being woken from a REM cycle" At least that's what I remember saying on our wedding day

Q I have to admit 1 time out of 8 years isn't bad.

judepa LOL! If I had done that, there would've been some colorful metaphors flying from Sharkey.