Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shanksville

I entered the town of "Shanksville" recently. It is a very crappy, sucky town. It has no paved streets, no tall buildings, no lights, no bright colors, everyday is rainy with high winds, and everyday you spend there feels most unnatural. I think the population is large but I can only perceive my presence in the town, so it feels really like a population of one. Me. Or that's how it feels anyway. You do not enter "Shanksville" by choice. It is not a desirable destination to get to. And it is almost impossible to leave "Shanksville" no matter how much you want to.

The "shank" is one of those goofy things that happens totally out of the blue. There is no rhyme, no reason, it is tough to figure out. And it looks something like this:



Yes, this is another JP golf post.

I have a flaw in my swing. It causes the ball to shoot off to the right. No distance, totally off line, and it feels like my arms want to shake off my body when I hit the ball. And the most annoying part of it all is it is very, very repeatable. I cannot stop from doing it. It sucks rocks! I am just hoping I can figure something out so I can leave the awful town of "Shanksville"

6 comments:

Lola said...

Too bad you didn't visit Girdletree.

WILLIAM said...

I understand that Shanksville is very popular this time of the year.

Character Builder said...

It's all mental now. Maybe you should just remind yourself that the worst day golfing is still better than the best day working. Good luck!

JP said...

lola a physical representation of Shanksville? No way!!

william yeah, unfortunately with the winter break you lose all that touch and body position muscle memory you had in the fall. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it

cb Yes it is. But I'm obsessive about this golf thing sis' and this is driving me NUTS!!

The Q said...

I read it as "Skanksville" and I was wondering what you were doing on the wrong side of town! ;-)

JP said...

Q You really see what you want to so, don't you? =)