Thursday, January 06, 2011

JP and Sharkey Day!

From time to time Sharkey (my wife of 10 1/2 years) and I do a "JP and Sharkey" day! Usually it is on a Friday to extend the weekend and we try to do something fun that we normally do not do. Sometimes we go into Philly to Reading Terminal Market for lunch, we have taken day trips to Annapolis, MD, gone to NYC for a short weekend and walk around like "New Yorkers." So with the start of the new year we scheduled our first JP and Sharkey day. So what are we going to do? Well...and this is Sharkey's idea, we "may" be taking a little weekend trip to the Poconos to do some skiing. I used to be a skier in High School. I had my own skis (Dynastar 190cm downhill racing skis) and went about 3-5x a year and went on a yearly 3 day trip with my Church's youth group which is not too bad considering I grew up in the flat, farmlands of Southern New Jersey. But the last time I was skiing was about 15 years ago! And Sharkey, even though coming from the frozen tundra that is Minnesota has only been skiing 2x. This could make for an interesting JP and Sharkey day! I just hope in our "middle-age" we do not end up in traction or requiring some physical therapy after the day together!

2 comments:

Kranki said...

Take some epsom salts and you'll be fine. Stay somewhere that has a hot tub. Take a lesson in the morning. YOU CAN DO IIIIIT!

JP said...

Thanks for the vote of support Kranki! We have our ski pants ordered! =)