Sunday, February 19, 2006

Thank You eBay!!

I am an avid "eBay-er." It's great, you can find anything you want, and you can sell almost anything you want. And people buy stuff competitively. I'm almost positive of this statement. Case in point, I returned a battery to the local Cingular store and received store credit of $40 for it. See, Cingular has this stupid return policy that past 30 days even with a receipt you cannot return any goods purchased there. [SIDEBAR COMMENT: Cell phones supposedly turn over so fast, whatever you bought 30 days ago could potentially be obsolete is what they claim. The counter person told me that their computer systems clear all sales information every 30 days. That's what they say anyway. But if you ask me, that's a load of C - R - A- P!!! Let's think about this, Cingular has a nationwide network that requires vast amounts of computing technology and they cannot track purchases past 30 days??!!! What's wrong with this picture??? ] So anyway, since I received a one day store credit, (yes 1 day store credit, because they cannot give you a store credit receipt, again their systems cannot do it) I decided to get accessories I could sell on eBay. So the first item that I put up for auction on eBay that Cingular sold me for $34.99 closed today at $56. The other item looks like it'll close for at least $20. You can do the math. Mind you, I even put in the description of the items that "Cingular sells this item online for $34.99 and the other for $19.99" So even though everyone knew they could buy the things directly from Cingular, for less money, they decided to go way above the price to win the auction!! Hummm.... Competitive buying rules!!! Who says that the capitalism is dead???

No comments: