Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Closest to the PIN!! WINNER!!

This past Saturday I played in a charity golf outing for the Susan G. Komen foundation to support breast cancer research:



It was a beautiful day and I had a blast. My team finished in 3rd place overall. But I scored a few things. I won the par 3 closest to the flag contest, so I received my first golf trophy:

dsc_1574 copy

And along with the trophy I received this little prize as well:

dsc_1575 copy

I like it!! I actually won this playing golf!?! UNREAL!! Who knew you can win this kind of stuff? OK, so I have to admit I'm hooked. Well part of it is that they gave me one of my most favorite of all things, A WATCH! I don't know what my fixation is with watches, or time in general, but I love them and pens come in a close second. Not sure, but this one is pretty special since I got it doing the sport I'm obsessed with and love. Also, since I can hit a golf ball almost 3 football fields I typically will have a shot at winning the longest drive contest too, but in this outing I slammed one down the fairway, but it rolled off to the rough so it didn't count. Oh well... So now I'm looking forward to the next tournament where I can get more shiny objects!

dsc_1578 copy

4 comments:

Kranki said...

SWEEEEEET!!!

Anonymous said...

I knew you liked pens (because I have the same affliction), but I didn't know about the watch thing. How perfect is it that you actually won a watch!?!

I know where you could get all the golf trophies you could ever want or need ;-)

But I guess that's not the same as winning one though, huh?

Anonymous said...

Nice! So, good booty and good golf, does it get any better for JP?
Nice contrast from that bad day in you last post.

JP said...

kranki & judepa True DAT!!!

suzieq Yeah earning one has a different meaning than buying one... Although...hummm..... Can you make a knock off US Open trophy with my name on it?? =)