Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Karma Is A Bitch

I am invincible. I can do anything. I am stronger than I've ever been. I am smarter now and can think my way out of any problem.

These are the statements of youth. I have said recently to people that you're as young as you think you are. I have always thought that. Until today. See I have a playoff match on Thursday. It is against one of the most obnoxious men ever. When we last met, I stuffed him. It was one of my finest moments. 9th hole, 6 foot putt to win the match and I hole it out. All he could do was watch. I loved it. But that was 3 weeks ago. That was then. This is now.

I had a bad day. I had a series of things go wrong. I walked out of work 1 1/2 hours late. I was wound tight. I went to the driving range to practice and let off some steam. On my 5 ball out of 75, hitting my approach wedge, my back did something funny. After this "funny" thing happened, I couldn't move too well without pain. Right now I'm sitting, chewing Advil like Tic Tac's and thinking about how I got to this state.

I have a match Thursday. I'm definitely questionable. I am vulnerable. I may not be able to play. I feel quite weak. I'm thinking how stupid it was to get myself into this spot. What did I do to invoke such bad karma?

These are the statements of a middle aged man (sigh...).

4 comments:

Character Builder said...

Ooh, I'm sorry--I feel your pain. I've gotten to know my chiropractor all too well in the last month or so. He mentioned one day that one of the worst things you can do is play golf. Rest and ice packs are your friend.

Kranki said...

Ooops! That sucks. I hope you feel better soon. If it makes you feel any less lonely in your agony I totally put the right side of my neck/shoulder out today by washing my kitchen floor. I plan on a nice tall glass of lemon water and a handful of muscle relaxers to get me through the night. *yummy*

WILLIAM said...

I will come back to see how you did in the match.

Anonymous said...

I'll go with the charma deal.... why did you like the Packers? Brett Farve? Now that he plays for the Jets.... who should you like?
That's all that I got.