Monday, August 31, 2009

Random Things

4 Hour Woody, Seek Medical Attention

So you know those erectile dysfunction commercials on the tube? Am I the only one who finds....."For erections lasting more than 4 hours please contact a physician..." hysterically funny???? I mean don't you think you would be concerned after say....1 hour, possibly 2 hours.... "Uh, oh something's wrong...game over man....not good....not good..." I guess they have to give guys a time limit, so they do not over look the happenings south of the border, with the tent pitching and all.

Why Are Bad Things So Darn Tasty...


Sharkey was gone for a photo seminar in Utah over the weekend, so again I played the bachelor card. I played golf Thursday and decided to stop at Wegman's to get an apple Kuchen for breakfast Friday. The Kuchen is essentially a 6"x14" apple danish:

Apple Kuchen

Sure 1/8 of this thing is 180 calories, but it is just to die for.


Turning 40!?!

29 more days until the big "four-ooooooohhhhh" Unreal that I have been on this big blue marble for that many years. In a lot of ways it is very surreal. Sharkey and I will be heading to Orlando to celebrate, barring any natural singularly named weather disturbances forming in the Caribbean or Gulf, but even if that should happen I purchased "vacay" insurance so all is not lost. We are staying at the house of the Mouse. I was wondering if their recent acquiring of Marvel means they'll really put the screws to Universal Studio Parks telling them that Spiderman, the Hulk, Fantastic 4, Iron Man, and X Men are all Disney owned and they'll need to cease using their likenesses on their rides. Hey it could happen. It also begs the question how those characters will be used in the future by M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E.

I had thought about spending this birthday in some other place that Sharkey and I had never been to together (like...Scottsdale/AZ, Bend/OR, Napa Valley/CA) but it came back to Disney. Not sure, but I think the Asian gene kicks in for the special place. There are a few reasons I think for choosing the destination. Disney is one of those companies I do not mind giving money to. I think you really do get what you pay for. But I think what clenched it was what was going on at EPCOT the week of my birthday. The Food and Wine festival is kicking off during that week, so you can sip different wines all around the world showcase and sample different foods. And one of the cooler things (well I think it is cool anyway) is that Richard Marx and Starship will be performing concerts while we are there. We are children of the 80's after all:





I was telling Sharkey one of my great ideas is that we should have an 80's party at our house. I'm thinking we have enough friends our age that we could pull it off. I think I could maybe dig up some period clothing and spike the hair for a night. Lord knows I have all the 80's music to partaaaayyyy.....

itunes 80 music

2 comments:

Kranki said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...that kuchen looks fabulous!

Do you get anything free at Disney for going on your birthday?

JP said...

kranki The picture does not do it justice. It is totally FABOOO!! On my birthday, Disney is giving me an all day FastPass to the rides. No lines when I hit 40!! We Senior Citizens get too tired waiting in long lines ya know? =)