Friday, April 21, 2006

Vacation....It's gooooooooooooood

So here we are in the Magic Kingdom. It's vacation, it's relaxing, it's unwinding, it's recharging. It is AWESOME!!! Our first restaurant stop was the 50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM Studios. Now I'm going to break a personal BLOG cardinal rule, "Never post actual pictures of family on the BLOG." So I think you've probably wondered what my wife Sharkey looks like. Here she is:





Isn't she just the cutest thing!!!!! So here's the thing, the 50's Prime Time Cafe is a place out of the the nostalgic past. It is staffed by waiting staff with an edge. They tell you "OK, Hon' you set the table for dinner and remember Ma's four rules:"
  1. Elbows off the table
  2. Hats off at the table
  3. Eat all your vegetables or no dessert
  4. No Tower for an hour

And they do not take anything from anyone. When my brother was smart mouthed with the waitress, she said to him without a second thought, "Watch it!!!!!!!!!!" And after we were done with dinner, she sat down with us at the table and talked to us while flinging spitballs and napkins at our "cousins" in the other kitchen. It was great!!! Totally freaked out my nephews. They thought they would be asked to do the "I'm a little teapot" song!! They were very, very "afeared." The picture above is how they show you what the desserts are. They give you a Viewmaster will 3-D pictures of the desserts. And they are YUMMY!!!!

Today we are going to Downtown Disney to do a bit of shopping, then EPCOT for dinner, and off to the Magic Kingdom till 3AM. Resort Guests have a deal where they can stay at the parks 3 hours after they close for exclusive magic opportunities! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! J.P. signing off for now!!!!!!! TTFN!

3 comments:

The Q said...

YEA!! a Sharkey picture!!

Oh and I LOVE how she used the proper "Viewmaster Pinky Up Technique" (V.P.U.T. for short).

Good form Sharkey, GOOD FORM! :-)

Character Builder said...

Wow, I didn't think you'd be able to tear yourself away from Mickey long enough to post something! Sounds like you guys are having a great time, as if there was ever any doubt. You're the biggest kid I know! By the way, Lauren LOVES the earrings and crown that came yesterday. After I exchange the dress, I'll post some pics of the whole ensemble. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Kranki said...

Keep on having a great time!