Thursday, April 13, 2006

Why Do Birds....

So I've been starting to use the grill more. The temp outside is increasing, the sun is out and the birds are singing. Everything is right in the world. Well everything, but this....


It seems I have a new tenant. This bird has somehow decided that my grill is a great place to build a new home. Sure the property is off a cul de sac, and the deck is Fiberon, so you'll never have to treat or sand it, but I don't think she realizes how hot it's going to get. And you'd think that the bird would sense that many of its cousins, the chickens, have met a marinated char-grilled demise in this new location.

Next post.... Man vs. Bird... (ding...ding)

5 comments:

The Q said...

Are these all original J.P. drawings? I'm noticing a similarity between the giant, perfectly round heads....

JP said...

soozie Yep, all the little images are JP originals. I have to make a post on them to explain more. They have an interesting story behind them.

Character Builder said...

Maybe you need to go out and grill a burger or 2, huh? Should I print out the your masterpieces to give to Grandma Bea this weekend?

Kranki said...

I am such a sucker for animals. I would let the thing build its nest and not grill for the whole year. Need I say my cat rules the house.

JP said...

character builder well since I'm planning on featuring JP originals from now on, you'll have a lot of printing to do for the Bud and the Bea

kranki well, the bird hadn't gotten to nesting yet. It had just mostly gathered building materials, so I cleaned it out, sprayed it down and did the tinfoil cleaning method. And I do know what you mean. Mags gets away with way more than Penny or Chloe ever did.