Friday, March 31, 2006

Did you ever just want to...

Now I consider myself a patient guy. I try to be nice. I try to do the right thing. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But there are times when certain people just really annoy me. It takes a lot too! But lately I've been running into many of these people for some odd reason. The universe must be out of balance or something. You know who I'm talking about. The people who cannot buy a clue. And when I talk about clueless I mean individuals that cannot see why 1+1=2 or cannot figure out what to do next because that would require independent thought or cannot see how their actions may negatively impact others. People who are not accountable fall into this category and I'm sure you all have your fair share of them at work, in school, at the mall or maybe even in......(gasp)....your family!!!!!

My friends, I think I have a solution to this problem. I've watched American Inventor on ABC for a couple of weeks (man is that chubby judge soooo annoying..) and I think I have an invention I'd like to present to them. My invention is called the Phone Slap-O-Matic. With this handy, dandy device, if the person you were talking to on the other end of the phone were really clueless, all you would have to do is push a button on your end of the phone. After depressing said button, a great big hand would extend from the other person's phone and just give them a good whack across the face (SEE DIAGRAM BELOW):



Think of the practical applications! Thousands of frustrated individuals would get instant satisfaction. Millions of meaningless conversations could be ended. There would be no more telemarketing. It could very well save civilized society as we know it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I would TOTALLY buy that. And not just because I'm your wife! Heck, sometimes I might even be able to use it on you! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey can we retrofit it to work in cars? A touch screen in your car that tracks all the cars around you. You touch the car with the offending driver on the screen and a hand comes out of their steering wheel and smacks the driver

Kranki said...

I would be interested in one of those. I really could have used one last week, actually.

The Q said...

Ok, this....THIS is pure genius! I would have totally used it in my previous life (read: when I had a real job) not to mention now in my current life (trophy peddler) :-)

JP said...

sharkeylove you too Baby!!

cherie your automotive application is very interesting...let's talk over lunch

lucy personal Slap-O-Matic, another worthy application

kranki you have dibs on the first prototype

soozie I'm thinking you could still use it. Maybe crank call the competitor trophy shop?