Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Easter, is it all in the egg?

So we are fast approaching Easter. I do like Easter. It seems like a great time for new beginnings. Everything is warm, green, alive, colorful, and blooming! It is the time of year that all those people you never see at church on the weekends come to service. You know the people I'm talking about. They are the people who only show up for the majors: Christmas Eve and Easter. And as everyone knows, the food on those holidays far surpass the piddly meals you have in between.

And that brings me to my main point. This is the only time of year you can get The Cadbury Creme Egg.



I cannot think of a more appropriate piece of candy to mark a holiday. It's way better than the colored Easter Eggs. It's funny, Sharkey and I each get at least one of these every year. Let's face it, Easter just would not be the same without this candy. Now I know some of you probably think it is one of the most disgusting things out there, but come on people, where can you get an egg shell of chocolate that encompasses a white and yellow center? It's like one of the most artistic candies there is. Way better than a freakin' Zagnut? What is a Zagnut anyway? Anyone ever eat them? If so what the heck is in a Zagnut?

So all I have to say is, "Thanks Easter Bunny!! CLUCK!!! CLUCK!!!"

JP Sidebar Thought: Remember coloring Easter Eggs when you were a kid? Well what the heck do you do with the 2 dozen colored eggs after Easter has passed? No living human being could consume that much egg salad without serious digestive issues to follow. I think for the trashman it's probably one of the worst holidays because he carts about 12 tons of nasty eggs to the local dump, and that has to be oh so pleasant. He's probably wanting to kill the person whoever thought up the idea of coloring eggs was a wonderful, festive thing to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm I'll pass on the Cadbury egg. But hey that smoking monkey is hysterical! I still can't believe what you remember from that trip.

The Q said...

I LOVE those things!! I thought I was the only other human being on this planet who would eat one though. Every year, my Mom still gives me one...I can't eat the entire thing anymore...my stomach isn't as strong as it was as a kid :-)

Kranki said...

I am a Mini Egg gal myself.

JP said...

cherie Yeah, I cannot remember crap anymore, but I still remember the smoking monkey.

soozieq They are the best, aren't they? No you are not alone. Creme egg consumers of the world unite!!!

kranki Ya, I totally understand. But I'm glad you didn't say you like those nuclear colored Peeps. That would just be unacceptable... (HA!!!!!)