Friday, March 24, 2006

Q-Link

Anyone that really knows me will tell you that I have a lot of one liners. I take things from movies, TV shows and insert them into conversations as appropriate. Some of my favorite one liners come from various movies like The Princess Bride, Back to the Future, The 40 Year Old Virgin and TV shows like The Sopranos, The Simpsons, and The Office. They are true "JP Jargon." Some of them come off with attitude, like my saying, "Retail is for suckers!!" But there are some lines which make fun of me directly, and I'm OK with that because let's face it, if you cannot make fun of yourself, you are just livin' a way too freakin' serious life!!! Which brings me to this JP Jargon line,

I'm a sucker for marketing

Yes it is true. JP falls for every bit of marketing out there. I believe all of it like a wide eyed child. I graduated Summa Cum Laude in Applied Mathematics. I am able to rip apart servers and solve myriads of data and software issues. Yet for all of my intelligence, I'm taken in like a hypnotized, babbling idiot by marketing. I get an MP3 player, the manufacturer later introduces a new one in blue with the exact same features as the one I have 6 months later, and hey I gotta get one of those new blue ones!!!! OK, I'm not that bad, but I'm bad enough to drive Sharkey up the wall at times.

But there is one bit of marketing that I've fallen for lately that I'm totally not ashamed of, and that's my Q-Link necklace. As you know I'm a golfer. If you know any golfers they'll tell you that it's a 90% mental game and 10% physical game. I knocked 5 strokes off my handicap last year by just improving my mental game and by doing better course management (and another 5 by improving my swing). Yeah, yeah I know, to everyone who doesn't golf, this all is sounding like the Charlie Brown teacher, (bwaaaa, bwaaaa, bwaaaaa, bwaaaaaa). Well anyway, one of the guys I golf with told me about this necklace he read about that is supposed to help relieve stress, give you better focus, and help "tune" your body. PGA golfers wear it and aren not paid to endorse it. The necklace was called a Q-Link. The Q-Link is this small 1" pendant. It has a copper coil that is wound around an SRT (sympathetic resonance technology). Supposedly, it tunes the biofield your body generates to optimum. The concept is that since we are bombarded daily by EMF from TV, computers, cell phones, etc. our bodies become unbalanced and the Q-Link helps to restore the balance.




Now I have to admit, I was very skeptical. This whole thing sounded like snake oil at the local carnival. So I did some research, and then some more research, and then tried to find unbiased reviews. The typical things that JP does on a "Hunt." Surprisingly I couldn't really find anything bad about it. The manufacturer of Q-Link, Clarus, offers a 90 day money back guarantee on it and this is the 2nd generation Q-Link. On review boards, I was reading how people thought their sleep was deeper and more restful. Other golfers said they weren't sure what it did, but whatever it was was making a difference in their games. People dealing with cancer said it helped with the stress they were dealing with. The thing even won best of show at the PGA's 2005 trade show. And then my friend who originally told me about it bought one. He wore it for 2 weeks and I saw a real change in his personality. It was freaky. A lot of the stuff that would just set him off before just rolled off. And I know what you're all thinking, placebo effect. Right? If you believe it works, then it works. Well from what I've seen and read I had to try it. So of course I went and bought one. But again, "Retail is for suckers!!!" so I found a deal on one. So I've been wearing it for about a month now and you know what? It works. It totally works. I'm like the others in that I have no idea what it does, but it does something. My sleep is different than before. It is a lot more restful and when I wake up I feel like I can rocket out of bed ready for the day. Totally not like the comatose JP of before. And I cannot seem to leave it off for very long. I even forget I'm wearing it. I'm more focused and it seems to help with the stress quite a bit. The only time I don't wear it is when I shower. It's sort of like homeopathic crack maybe? Sure it could be all in my head, but I'm not returning it for my money back and I would recommend it to anyone to give it a go.

7 comments:

Sharkey said...

I still don't buy it. Oh, and no need to get me one for my birthday just to convince me. :)

The Q said...

Hmmm, with my face all a'mess from stress, I wonder if it works in other areas beside golf.

I know, to a golfer is there really anything else OTHER than golf? The answer is yes.

Must investigate further....hey you're not making a commission or anything, RIGHT?!?!

JP said...

sharkey Yes, yes, Honey, I know, I'm a smart man and I'm better than this... But it really WORKS!! It is really hard to describe. Guess what you're getting for our anniversary? =)

soozieq Well, let's put it this way....could it hurt you at this point?? I'm not getting paid to say any of it, I don't own stock in Clarus, but it just does seem to do "something" and from what I can tell, it's "something" good. Like I said, I won't take it off.

Kranki said...

I am glad it works 'cause it sure ain't cheap.

JP said...

kranki with eBay all things are possible.... And $50 less than anywhere else!! =)

Anonymous said...

Of course you don't take it off. If you took it off the mothership couldn't track your wherabouts.

ieatcrayonz said...

Maybe we just need more copper in our diets?

So which ebay seller did you purchase yours from?