Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My Kingdom for a cell phone

Did you ever misplace something? I'm sure you have. Car keys are common. Eye glasses can get lost. Sunglasses can turn up various places you do not ever remember placing them. Then there is the cell phone. My cell has gone AWOL. I've tried to retrace my steps, I've walked through what I was doing over and over again, and nothing, nada, blank, zip... It is gone. I have to admit, it is not the end of the world, but for some reason, I feel so stupid for misplacing it. I really like my phone. It is a Motorola ROKR.



It is a phone, it can send e-mail, surf the net, play games, has an MP3 player built into it, and it takes pictures. What more can a technogeek like myself ask for?

So Sharkey has tried to make me feel better. "Honey, it is OK, we can get you anther one." But I just cannot let this go. I think of what a waste it is to have to buy another one. I think of how this makes me feel like I was 5 years old again and I lost yet another pair of mittens. I think of how there are so many things I should focus on more. But I have to just accept it.

THIS SUCKS ROCKS!!!

On another note, anyone start to build their basement bird flu germ free sanctuary? Maybe I shouldn't have messed with that bird's nest in my grill. That just may come back to bite me!!!!

2 comments:

Character Builder said...

You know, of course, that as soon as you go buy another phone, your old one will turn up. Is it possible that you had it on your lap in the car, and then got out and it fell to the ground in a parking lot somewhere? I do that with my winter gloves a lot. Usually they're right outside my van door when I come back. Or maybe someone stole it, and you're driving yourself crazy for no reason.

JP said...

cb I am starting to think it was either destroyed or someone did lift it from me. I never turn it off and I always have it charged, so for me to call it and for it do go directly to voicemail should not happen. Oh well, off to Cingular today for a replacement