Monday, May 15, 2006

Meet me at DQ

I grew up in New Jersey. South Jersey to be specific. Now when you think of New Jersey, you probably do not think of it as the Garden State as it is officially called. You probably think of Atlantic City, big corporations, organized crime, and medical waste. Well South Jersey is the "Garden" of the Garden State. It has rolling farms, is pretty much undeveloped and hasn't changed all that much in the past 30 years. Case in point, there's no Dairy Queen. I never grew up with a Dairy Queen. I had Carvell and Richmond's ice cream growing up. I sort of think both of those places were local companies, sort of like Tastykake. I never had Dairy Queen in fact until I started dating Sharkey. Man what I was missing!!!!



So now that we live in Pennsylvania, there are DQ's all over the place!! My standard order is a medium vanilla cone. That's what I've gotten for the past couple of years anyway. I do get a peanut buster parfait every now and then to be spontaneous, but I have to admit, that's a bit too much peanut for me. I've in fact hit the peanut buster quota for this year. But the past two trips to the DQ I've tried something different, the Banana Cream Pie Blizzard. It is soft serve with bananas, pie chips, some banana powder, and it gets topped off with whipped cream. It is inexplicably WONDERFUL!!! I strongly suggest you try it out if it even sounds remotely good to you. You will not be sorry. Hum.... I think the DQ is open for another hour.... See YA!!!!

3 comments:

Kranki said...

Mmmmmmmmm. DQ. I am a fan of the ice cream sandwiches but I'll eat pretty much anything from there. They just built a new one in my area but there is no parking so unless you want to walk off your treat it is a bit of a hassle. The popular thing in my neighbourhood are Italian Gelato places. Now that is delish. Tiramisu flavour is my fave.

Character Builder said...

Oh man, my mouth is watering! It's 12:09pm, I'm starving, and there's a DQ a couple of buildings away. Just a quick jaunt through a couple of skyways, and I'm there! Maybe I can talk my ice cream-loving co-worker to go with me! I might have to try this flavor. I'll keep you posted!

Anonymous said...

I used to work at the DQ. All through high school and into college. I never got sick of eating DQ and still love it My freshman year of college is when DQ introduced the blizzard. We actually served them upside down like the picture you posted. Mmmmm Blizzards!