Friday, May 26, 2006

The Worst...

I came across this really interesting article from PC World, "The 25 Worst Tech Products of all Time." Being the technogeek I am I had to scan the list of things to see how many I either own or had owned at one time. Topping the list is no surprise:


Now this comes as no surprise to me at all. I freakin' hate AOL. In my opinion it is a virus masquerading as an internet service provider. Now when I first went online like everyone else, I did use AOL. Seemed like a good thing at the time, but it spiraled out of control. See, AOL once installed, works it's way through your entire computer. It changes sounds, changes your browser, embeds all this nifty AOL proprietary crap software on your machine, updates itself whenever it wants to, and is near impossible to uninstall. They also had really piss poor technical support and their billing service department really sucked the big one. I can remember canceling my service and still getting billed from them for 3 months after. I can remember going round and round with their billing support saying, "No I cancelled it 3 months ago and I've been using Earthlink ever since you jerkstore!!!" In the end they offered me 3 months of service for free and that's when I hung up the phone.

3 comments:

The Q said...

See now, after that Robot Chicken video I read this line of yours "No I cancelled it 3 months ago and I've been using Earthlink ever since you jerkstore!!!" as this instead "No I cancelled it 3 months ago and I've been using Earthlink ever since you jackhole!!!"

Seriously, I must have read the sentence three times before I saw that it didn't say "jackhole"

I hate AOL too...of course I started there as well. I too couldn't cancel my account to save my life. It's cancelled NOW (years later) but not without numerous threats on my part.

Character Builder said...

"Jackhole" is my new favorite word.

JP said...

soozieq/cb I use jerkstore interchangably in conversation. But I do admit, jackhole has its own finesse to it.