Monday, October 23, 2006

Bounty the Quicker Picker Upper

How do you know you have been married and affected by the person you have been married to for 6 years? You know when you stop by the local Target for paper towels and instead of doing the "man" thing and just throwing 2 random rolls of towels in the cart, you spend 5-10 minutes contemplating the "cute" patterns on the paper towels and looking for the right combination.

Yes living with Sharkey has definitely rubbed off. I realized that tonight. I find myself doing hospital corners on the beds, folding towels and sheets into distinct geometric patterns, and questioning my typical "JP" impulse purchases. You know I used to pull that trigger a lot more frequently pre-Sharkey. Now things go through my head..."What do I trade off if I get this? What will I have to give up later? Is there something better worth waiting for?"

Now mind you these are not bad things. They are just things you wake up one day and realize and end up saying to yourself, "What the heck!!!!!!!!"

3 comments:

The Q said...

Huh? What? I'm going to turn into the Hubs? We're coming up on our 2nd anniversary (although we've known each other for 8 years) and so at what point will I wake up and crave salami and fart (a lot!!!)? Please tell me I have a few more good years left?!?! ;-)

Kranki said...

It's lurve.

JP said...

suzieq I'll say a prayer for ya girl!!! No promises though on the outcome.

kranki lurve makes the world go round!