Monday, October 30, 2006

The Dentist

So I had my semi-annual dentist appointment today. No cavities I'm happy to report. But did you ever have the feeling that when the dentist tells you to "open" he sees each one of your teeth as a money making opportunity? My dentist is a pretty good guy, but it seems that he's disappointed that he cannot do anything more to my teeth. He's suggested that I could get whitening treatments.... I could get my last mercury filling refilled w/ enamel colored filling. But I'm like, uh, nah that's OK. So I received the "all clear" from the dentist at the perfect time, the day before Halloween!!!!

Not sure why, but whenever people work near my head I get a bit nervous. Maybe it is some age onset psychosis, because I don't really remember being like this all my life, but when the eye doctor shoves that blue probe near my eye, or when I have to do a panoramic dental x-ray with this thing rotating around my head, I can feel my head start to shake. I have to consciously think about relaxing at those moments.

HEADSHOT

Bottlecap update....

Well, thanks to Lola who told me that 5 Below sells retro candy I was able to get 4 packs of Bottlecaps for $1. I have to say, they are exactly the way I remember. YUMMO!! (Sorry Rachel Ray I ripped you off) I think I could just eat Bottlecaps all day long. Now I have to figure out ways to stay away from 5 Below.

Super Hero stamps....

How cool are these. Thanks US Postal system!! You did something right.

dc_comicsstamps

I try to use these sparingly. Only for the special letters. =)

8 comments:

The Q said...

Well obviously I don't rank. I haven't seen any super hero stamps in *my* mail!

I'm kidding by the way...you're such a sweet guy you'd probably send me something just to shut me up.

I saw your "Stick Man" drawing in Flickr and just knew that I needed to head this way :-)

I don't get creeped out by people near my head but I do if they get too close to my butt. Strangers that is.

JP said...

suzie So when people get too close to your butt does it start to shake?!?! =) Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad I could help with the Bottlecaps!

I'm the same way about stuff near my head, by the way. Especially my eyes. Luckily, I don't wear glasses (well, I have a pair now, but I'm not supposed to ever wear them, it's a long story), but the few times I've gotten an eye exam I've been a terrible patient. I can't help it, it's like a reflex!

WILLIAM said...

I don't like the dentist for the same reason. Each Tooth is a potential Dollar amount.

I also like the Superhero Stamps. They did a decent Job using Old and somewhat newer images.

The geek in me wants to add that I do not think that Supergirl or Hawkman should have made the list.

Kranki said...

I feel the same way about my dentist. She seems to suggest something expensive every visit. You know, not necessary but "somehitng to think about."

I got my dad those stamps for his birthday. he is a collector.

JP said...

lola It's nice to know I'm not alone in my insanity!

william Yeah I agree with you. Hawkman and Supergirl are pretty weak characters. Though I have to admit that I was even more surprised that Plastic Man made the cut.

kranki Let them keep thinking!!! Those bastards aren't touching our teeth!!!!! Fight the power!!!!!

Character Builder said...

I guess Jason should feel honored that Batman showed up in our mailbox, huh?

JP said...

cb Sharkey wasted one of my stamps on Jason! Damn her!! =)