Friday, October 20, 2006

Is it as good as you remember?

Remember the things you used to watch as a kid? Remember the things you used to eat as a kid? Since everything retro has come around and is brand new again it seems you get to retry some of those things that you had as a kid.

When Sharkey and I were in Minneapolis we went food shopping and Sharkey threw a pack of Razzles into the cart.

gum_razzles

Remember Razzles? First it's candy, then it's gum. I liked Razzles as a kid. I have fond memories of them. Well let me tell you, nothing is ever as good as what you remember. This stuff was first sour sand, then it was purple vulcanized rubber.

Sometime I'll have to try Bottle Caps again:

bottlecaps

I remember playing Little League baseball and chewing this stuff in the outfield:

bigleaguechew

One thing I think I may have to pass is the dip:

fundip

5 comments:

Character Builder said...

My kids love Fun Dip and Bottle Caps. They also like Pop Rocks, but it's been a while since we've had those. Sharkey and I used to give our dog Pop Rocks when we were kids. She actually liked them, and we got a good laugh out of it.

Kranki said...

Never heard of Razzles. But I love me some Fun Dip. And Pixie Stix!

The Q said...

Fun Dip was the bomb when I was a kid. Well I already commented on your Flickr pics so I'll leave you alone here :-)

Please give Maggie and Sharkey a big hug and kiss from me (you decide who gets what ;-)

Anonymous said...

You know you can get all these products at Five Below? (Plus other old favorites like Lemonheads and Nik-L-Nips.) Razzles always kind of scare me, because I never know if I should swallow them or spit it out if it's gum.

JP said...

cb gave pop rocks to the dog? Why does this not surprise me in the least?

kranki you cannot really go wrong with colored sugar, eh? =)

suzie thanks for taking time out of your busy/hectic life to post on candy!!! Don't go crazy!!! Work on!!

lola I'm going to have to take your advice and raid the local 5 Below. I want me some Bottlecaps!!!!