Wednesday, March 14, 2007

300

I was in King of Prussia last night. Being a student of Ancient Greek culture and interested in all things Roman, I decided I needed to go see 300.



So on an impulse I called Sharkey and told her I would be home late. I bought my ticket, a medium popcorn and a small Coke and sat down to see what the hype was about. It was AWESOME!! The effects and cinematography were awesome! The visuals very impressive. CGI has come a very long way. The movie has great dialog and the cast is brilliant. For what it was, it was inspiring and the message of free men standing against overwhelming odds to protect their homeland and freedom was driven home and then some. I can really see why Leonidas lives on in the Greek culture today. I give this movie the JP two thumbs up. It's definitely a great watch!! And sure there are battle sequences and you see people getting killed, but it's more comic book "Lord of the Rings" type violence.

6 comments:

Character Builder said...

Jason and a friend saw this on Saturday night at an Imax theater. Usually, when I ask him how he liked a movie or something, he'll say, "It was fine." Even if he really liked it. So when he got home I asked how he liked it, and he said, "It was awesome!!!" Totally not my thing--too much violence. Glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Is this post written in English? I don't understand what you're talking about.

My Brother told me tonight that one of his friends when to the midnight showing alone. The rest of his friends haven't stopped teasing him about it yet.

Anonymous said...

"went" not "when"

Oh and p.s. his friend LOVED the movie too!

JP said...

cb iMax??!! Now why didn't I think of THAT!! Hummm....

suzieq See I used geek/nerd verbose, so you didn't get it. Had I talked about b'donk-a-dunk butts you'd have been all over it! =)

Anonymous said...

did I know you loved all things Roman? So you must LOVE the HBO series Rome as much as Craig and I do!! I think I may have to pass on this one though... we'll see. Glad you had a great time.

JP said...

cherie I watch Rome every Sunday. I'm sad that the series finale is coming up, but it has been a great series. Titus Pullo Ex-13th Legion...