Friday, March 02, 2007

JP's Harebrained Scheme...

So as the snow melts, the temperature rises and spring seems just around the corner. That also means that golf season is steadily approaching!!! I cannot wait! I have been watching the first tournaments of the PGA Tour on the tube and I'm getting pumped to get out there and whack that little ball all around the course.

Call it hero worship. But I like a lot of others have really hooked on to one of the PGA tours newest players, Camilo Villegas. Villegas comes from Columbia. He hits the ball 302 yards on average off the tee. But the most interesting characteristic about him is how he reads greens. Check it out:

villegas1

He is called "Hombre AraƱa" which in English is "Spiderman." Gee, see why?

Spiderman, Spiderman, no one reads greens like Villegas can..

The funniest thing was Sharkey and I were out to breakfast with our neighbors and they brought him up. So it's funny that Villegas is cutting into the mainstream.

But one of the things I like about Villegas is the way he dresses. Now sure, he like the rest of the tour guys are sponsored so all their clothes are given to them, but he is always sharp looking (JP says in his most masculine, metro-sexual voice):

villegas3

The shirts he wears are just awesome!! The first time I saw them, I had to find out who the sponsor was, and it turned out that his clothes are made by J. Lindeberg, who is a designer in Stockholm, Sweden. So as we know, when JP sets his sights on something "THE HUNT" begins! J. Lindeberg clothing is really hard to come by in the USA. Not too many people carry it, and the ones that do charge buku bucks for it. It is insane! The shirts range in price from $100 - $150. And yes I'm crazy, but I'm not that crazy to drop that much on a single shirt (that and the fact that Sharkey would divorce me). Last year, I was able to snag a JL shirt at a decent price from a local high end golf shop at their year end clearance sale (ppsssst... Suzieq, it was the shirt I was wearing when Sharkey and I met you and the Hubs...) So since then I kept looking in the proshops and on eBay for some deals.

Well, to make a long story short, I was walking through the local golf shop this past week and found out they had a shirt sale going on, buy one get 2 free. And lo and behold they had a bunch of J. Lindeberg shirts. So here's where JP's harebrained scheme came into play. I figured I could take advantage of the sale, buy 6 shirts, drop $250 for the 6 shirts and then keep 2 and eBay the other 4 to recoup the costs. As it turns out, there are actually insane people who will pay $$$$ for these things. My eBay auctions for the 4 shirts have recouped my $250 and it looks like I'll turn a profit, so 2 free shirts, plus a little extra to start the new season. Whoooohoooooo!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Hubs really liked that shirt that you were wearing a lot (in the most masculine, metro-sexual kind of way). I even got the name of the brand from you for him, he liked it *that* much.

That guy...."Spiderman"? Whoa boy....he's kinda easy on the eyes (SoozieQ says in her most "I'm happily married but I'm not dead" voice)

Congrats on the shirts! Do your arms look like his when you put them on?

We want PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!

Character Builder said...

He totally looks like Spidey, especially in that first picture.

Always lookin' for a way to make a buck, aren't you? :)

JP said...

suzieq give me a few months at the gym and I'll post some golf season pictures. You crack me up!! Villegas is a chick magnet though.

cb what's my motto? "Retail is for suckers!!!"

Kranki said...

Awesome! What a great idea. I have not got the eBay knack and have lost money every time I've sold something. But you kicked eBay ASS!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa...wait just a minute. Did you just call me "mainstream"?