Monday, February 26, 2007

Quarters and Milkshakes

Quarters...

So Sharkey and I spent the day together last Friday. Some Friday's I take off so we can have a JP & Sharkey day. It's really nice. We spend the day together, have lunch somewhere different, and just enjoy each other's company. Last Friday we went to Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia. Not sure what it is, but do you ever picture things in your mind that sounds good and then you just cannot get it out of your head? Well last week a hot turkey sandwich with fresh bread, roasted turkey, and gravy was on my mind. Thankfully, there's a really great place in Philly for such a sandwich, The Original Turkey. The Original Turkey is in the middle of Reading Terminal Market, which is a really cool place. They have fresh meats, seafoods, produce and some really good little counter service eating places. Sharkey had a gyro, and I fed the craving I had. So we left the terminal and went to the parking garage where our car was. The garage is one of those automated pay parking decks, so before we could leave we had to pay the fee on the first floor at the ticket machines. So the machine accepted $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills. The fee for us was $8. Not too bad at all. The machines mind you dispense paper bills for change, because they have the ATM type slots for it. So I put a $20 in the machine. Well before you know it, I was the proud receipient of $12 in quarters... Yep 48 quarters came out of that freakin' machine. Sharkey said, "Look Honey we hit the jackpot!!!"

Quarters


Shamrock Shake Time...

What's not to like? Minty, green, creamy goodness. Yeah, I know it is one chemical away from being some type of polymer, but I love these things. I always get them when Mickey D's has them every year.

ShamrockShake

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mickey D's brings those green shakes out every year just for my birthday. Isn't that sweet?

Now given the comment you left on my blog about what I should have said to the Hubs.....doesn't the fact that they bring this out on account me, make more sense? ;-)

Character Builder said...

Jason is a big fan of the Shamrock Shakes as well. He gets the hugest one they sell. I love mint ice cream, but the shakes don't thrill me. Give me a chocolate shake any day.

JP said...

suzieq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y3vqhpdnxE Just 4U!! ; )



cb Ah the bucket sized drink. That's quite a lot of green goo consumed!

Kranki said...

I have not had a shamrock shake for DECADES! I think this year I will end the drought of green goodness.

JP said...

kranki They are yummy!! I had another one yesterday!! =)