Wednesday, February 07, 2007

How Did I Get Here?

Ever have one of those moments where you just look up and look around and you just say to yourself, "Wow!!!" I had one of those realizations tonight. I have a dog. I am married. I have a house. I'm going to be 38 this year. I'm like, well, grown up. Wow!!! When I think about all the twists and turns my life took to get here to this place and be with Sharkey and the Mags, there's only one word to sum it all up, Wow!! Certain memories just rush back.
  • I can remember living in Oregon for 6 months about 2 weeks after I had just graduated from college in NJ.
  • I remember coming home to help out my parents after my father became critically ill.
  • I remember finding a job in PA, which fit me like a glove and opened up more opportunity than I could have ever imagined.
  • I remember seeing Sharkey walk into my office for the first time 9 years ago, and seeing my future.
  • I remember holding on for dear life the first time I flew to MN to see Sharkey and riding in her car while she sped down the road at 60-70 MPH in a blizzard.
  • I remeber proposing to Sharkey in Orlando and watching fireworks over the Magic Kingdom afterwards.
  • I remember marrying Sharkey and how she looked in her dress the first time I saw her.
  • I remember driving across the country with my new wife and Chloe, the best dog ever.
  • I remember hearing the Pastor's sermon for the first time, and knowing I had found the right church in PA.
  • I remember my faithful neighbors helping me build my deck in the back of my house.
  • I remember learning Sharkey had breast cancer.
  • I remember going to all of the doctors appointments, chemotherapy, radiation visits and scans with Sharkey.
  • I remember Penny, the smartest dog I've ever had.
  • I remember the first time I met the Mags and knew she was God sent.
  • I remember the feeling I had last Friday after finding out Sharkey hit 5 years without breast cancer.
Those are just the things that stick out, but they are all things I'll never forget. So what's next?

5 comments:

Character Builder said...

Do you remember the first time you met your wonderful sister-in-law? No, not your brothers' wives--me, you fool!

I was going to say that I don't remember meeting you the first time, but I guess I remember it a little bit. I just know it was at Sharkey's house in SLP and your hair was a lot longer than it is now. Sorry, that's all I remember.

Kranki said...

Life is quite the adventure without even trying to make it so.

Anonymous said...

I remember meeting you for the first time and thinking, "yes, he's good enough, he treats her well, she loves him, BUT...he lives in New Jersey!!!! Lucy

JP said...

cb WRONG!!! I first met you at Wells Fargo Bank and you still drove the red Mazda and transferred Al, into Sheila's car while he was still sitting in the child seat. I thought it was pretty impressive.

kranki True Dat!!! Word!!!

lucy And he eats ethnic foods, like tacos!!

Character Builder said...

Hmmm...totally don't remember that.