Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hot...

It's hot in PA. Really hot. You know how they say we are 80-90% water. I think after being outside for a few minutes we become 50-60%. Yep hot. Ass kicking, bat you in the crotch hot. It's been mid 90's with really high humidity in Southeastern Pennsylvania for the past 2 days. And the sad part is, even when the sun goes down it's still like 84 degrees outside.

I went to the driving range tonight to hit a few and as I was standing on the grass tee box I heard a rumble and I turned around and saw a pretty nasty, dark cloud coming in fast. I picked up my stuff and headed into the covered area of where I go hit. There's just something about a thunder storm with lightning strikes that does not mix too well when you are packing 14 metallic clubs on your back and holding a piece of metal that is akin to a lightning rod. And I love me some golf, but not enough to mess with the acts of God outside.

So no sooner I get under cover that it starts coming down in buckets. And the lightning is flashing, and the wind is gusting. It was like a scene from the perfect storm. I was pretty happy at that point to be under cover.

This weekend we are meeting Sharkey's sister Character Builder and her family in the District of Columbia. I took off Mon&Tue to hang with the family. Good thing for me I negotiated that time off before I started the new gig. And fortunately the weather should be pretty nice by then. Mid 80's and sunny. Because let's face it folks, nothing says "fun" like walking about the capitol when it's unbearably hot with young kids!!!

4 comments:

Character Builder said...

Woohoo! We can't wait to see you guys. Just tonight, Lauren said that being with you guys will be "funner than daycare!" And she loves daycare, so that's really sayin' something.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of your family get together! "Ass kicking, bat you in the crotch hot"...wow, that IS hot!

Anonymous said...

"You know how they say we are 80-90% water. I think after being outside for a few minutes we become 50-60%."

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. It's so humid, that after a few minutes outside we're more like 110-130% water.

Kranki said...

Between the humidity and electrocution from lightening I bet your hair is looking rather interesting.