Sunday, March 16, 2008

Got Flu?

Ick!!!!! Yeah that sums it up. Well, all my type "A" dedication to my monster project and working and pulling Monday through Saturday for 60 hours/week for the last 2 weeks is coming steadily to an end. And it's in no small part to my succumbing to the plague that is ripping through my office. People have been in and out of work and have been falling victim to the good old flu. I thought I'd make it through the season unscathed. I do take precautions. I get the flu shot, I try to not touch anything Mr. or Mrs. McPlague touch, and I even do the paper towel on doorknobs routine (yeah I know, very anal retentive). And even after all that it was all for naught! To make a long story short, last night I had a great case of the chills followed by my body aching from head to toe. I do not think that there was a good square inch of me that did not hurt. Today I thought I was better and back to my JP self. No chills, no aches, but now my "guts" have a lot of activity. I'm not one to go into details (and you do not need to hear about them), so let's just say I am in full system shutdown for now due to DEFCON4 protocols.

So the way I figure it, my body is telling me I need a rest. So I am listening. The thought did occur to me to just suck it up and go in tomorrow, for about 20 seconds....=) So I made the call into work about 5 minutes ago and said, "Hey boss, JP here, I am not going to be in tomorrow. My guts feel like they have been run over by a semi truck and then thrown around by a thresher...you get the idea. Anyhow, I won't be in tomorrow and hopefully I'll be back on Tuesday."

So it just dawned on my I can sleep in tomorrow as long as I want. I'm going to mimic my dog and snuggle in tomorrow:

GotNook

SCORE!! JP OUT!!

5 comments:

Character Builder said...

Oh man, I'm sorry you feel like dookie. Hope Sharkey doesn't catch it. Better now than this time next month!

Kranki said...

Feel better soon and have fun catching up on some zzzz with Mags.

FLU SUCKS!

I got it too and I am like you-flu shot, washing hands, paper towels etc...

JP said...

cb Sharkey catch it? Who do you think gave it to me! =)

kranki No justice is there. You do everything right and BAM!! Welcome to Flu-ville!!!

Anonymous said...

What do you do when your sick toddler bites his tongue at 2:30am, screams for you, and then says "kiss it daddy"? Flu-ville population +1.

JP said...

judepa That sucks! Well the bright side is once it's all said and done all those pants/jeans/shirts that were a little tight before will fit perfectly...