Saturday, March 21, 2009

Monkeys In Oz

Remember watching the Wizard of Oz? Well unless you are my wife Sharkey, who has never seen the movie, you probably do. My two older brothers and I would always watch the movie when we were growing up. Mom & Dad really liked Judy Garland, so whenever it came on we'd all gather around the glowing console set and get transported to Oz. There was one part of the movie that I do not like still to this day, cause, well, it freaks me out. It's the part with those creepy flying monkeys. I hated those things. I'd have dreams when I was a kid I was being chased by those damn things.

So a week ago we were in a Hallmark store getting some birthday cards and came across this snow globe:

scaryass_monkey

As soon as I saw it, the only thing I could think of was those scary ass monkeys from the Wizard of Oz.

Sweet dreams all!!

7 comments:

Kranki said...

Um...when's your birthday?

Anonymous said...

Why is it playing music from Phantom of the Opera?

Anonymous said...

I totally see what you are saying, and I am sooo with you on this one. Those monkeys were haunting.

JP said...

kranki I have a no scary ass primate gifts please birthday list

lola In Phantom on Broadway it's one of the props used in the opening act. Evidently it leaves an impression.

judepa frightening...definitely frightening

WILLIAM said...

What the hell is that? Looks creepy.

Bogart said...

Wizard of Oz...seen it 157 times, or thereabouts...my siblings used to watch it over and over and over and over...

And that monkey is freaky!

JP said...

william possessed monkey banging cymbals together

bogart not quite sure why certain monkeys are so darn creepy, but this one totally is