Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Deal is a Deal

I saw my Doctor six months ago for my regular checkup. We talked about the normal stuff. He asked if I had anything to tell him, I said no. He asked if my wife had anything I wanted to tell him about me (because apparently our spouses want us to tell the Dr. things we would not say ourselves), I again said no. He listened to my heart, took my blood pressure, and went over my blood test results. I was good. So before I left, I had a brilliant idea and said, "Hey how about we make a deal. I will lose 5 pounds before I see you next." He said, " That's a great idea. I will put it in your chart and we'll see what happens in 6 months."

So I have been going to the gym since after Thanksgiving. I have been trying to take my lunch to work instead of eating out. And when I eat out I try to be "a little" careful about what I eat. I also started to drink more water and tea and less soft drinks.

So after a month I have to admit, "What the heck was I thinking!!!!" This sucks!! I was happier when I came home and slept on the couch and ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I miss my lackadaisical lifestyle. I was like all Americans and I liked it and was happy. What was I thinking!!!

(K' so I am really just kidding. I am able to see my chin again, and I have a lot more energy and sleep a lot better, and I'm really not missing Coke & Pepsi that much. And the clothes are fitting better. But I have not weighed myself. I am just going to wait till my next appointment and see where I am. I just need to remember to clam up and keep my big mouth shut)

2 comments:

Kranki said...

Right on! This is hard to do, especially around the holidays but it looks like that you are succeeding!

JP said...

I am hanging on! But there are times I am pathetic and weak! I have found that once I'm at the gym I am good, it is just overcoming the inertia to go there. That's the hard part!