Sunday, June 25, 2006

Remember the 80's

I was watching VH1 the other night and they had an 80's video show on. It was great!!! Sharkey and I watched video's by Peter Cetera (Glory of Love), The Thompson Twins (Hold Me Now), Madness (Our House), and Kajagoogoo (Too Shy).

Man did those videos bring back some memories! I remember watching Friday Night Videos every..., well...., ...Friday!!




It came on after the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Sharkey and I were teenagers in the 80's and we both graduated in 1987. Miami Vice was the #1 show. Everyone had feathered or spiked hair (JP's hair was spiked), except for the girls who had HUGE hair! Parachute pants were in and Top Gun ruled the theaters. Plus you had all the one hit wonder bands like the ones above. The Karate Kid Part II had Mr. Miyagi still teaching Daniel-san not to be such a loser!! We spent endless hours in the arcades playing PacMan and Donkey Kong.

The one drawback to all this nostalgia was that it makes you realize how much time has gone by. The VH1 show was Classic 80's. Man does it ever suck to have your younger years referred to as "classic." It ranks up there when younger people refer to me as Mr. JP and call me "Sir." Geeze!!!!!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course the girls had big hair--you lived in New Jersey!

The Q said...

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA! New Jersey, ohmy. Yup, you lived in the mecca of big hair....um any chance you'd be willing to scan a picture of yourself with spiked hair circa the 80's? You could blur out our face of course

I loved Donkey Kong...more than I'd care to admit.

Hey....I'm gonna call you sir in Florida since I'm TWO WHOLE YEARS YOUNGER than you!

::::::doing the Robot:::::

WHAT? I always do the Robot as my tribute to the 80's celebratory dance, don't you?

Oh and just don't call the Hubs "Gramps"...he hates that ;-)

JP said...

Sharkey Well, I suppose I should count myself lucky I don't use the word "Youse" like so many New Jersey people do

Soozieq HS Picture? For you sure!!! I'll find one and post it. Probably be me wearing my Miami Vice clothing...