Friday, June 02, 2006

Once a Carnie Always a Carnie!

Well one of my favorite times of the year has come, Fair Season!!! Fair season is where all the small towns have their carnivals. There are art fairs going on, craft fairs going on, and local festivals to celebrate produce. Case in point, about 1/2 a mile away from our house is the Strawberry Festival. This local festival brings in rides and the best part Carnie food!! Things that you can eat on sticks, deep fried everything, and fresh strawberry shortcake!! It is a cholesterol fest! You get a free tablet of Crestor or Zocor when you walk through the gate. I was doing the first pass through the fair tonight with my neighbor and saw a deep fried cheesecake with strawberry puree. YUM!!! I think I'll have to try it tomorrow!

2 comments:

The Q said...

I'm always so jealous of you and Sharkey's food festival finds...isn't there one you go to where you can get deep fried candy bars or something like that?!?! Just crazy, CRAZY I tell ya!

But I'd so be all over that deep fried cheesecake ;-)

JP said...

soozieq Yes that would be the MN state fair!! That is the festival to end all festivals! Deep fried candy bars, deep fried cheese curds, Sweet Martha's fresh baked cookies, Famous Dave's ribs, and a bunch of other fair foods!!! It is AWESOME!