Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas DEFCON 4 Status!!

Here's the deal. As you know Sharkey and I come from different areas of the country. She's from Minnesota and I'm from New Jersey. So before we were married we decided that we would alternate the holidays so one Christmas is in Pennsylvania, where we live now, and the next year is in Minnesota. This year we're in PA so I thought I'd see if my family would like to get together over our house. I usually can get my Mom to be here and sometimes one of my two older brothers and their families. Well as fate would have it, everyone is coming this year!! So the day after Christmas we will have a house filled with 14 people and 4 dogs. On top of that, my oldest brother called me the other day and asked if they could come early. For some reason, his teenage kids think I am the coolest. It is most likely because I have the same level of maturity as them. They told my brother they wanted to spend quality time with me and Sharkey before it was taken up by the other family and the other 4 kids that are coming. I call it JP envy. So earlier in the week I was taking my time, pacing out all the chore stuff that needed to get done before our first guests arrived on Christmas day. But no. Now our first family of 5 is arriving TOMORROW!!

CCCCCRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAPPPPP!!! Alert!! Alert!! We are at DEFCON 4 status people!!!!!!!!! We need to finish cleaning, get those gifts wrapped, plan meals out, get food shopping done and try to figure out what to get my Mom for Christmas!!

And a Merry Christmas to you all!!! I leave you with the classic Family Guy Christmas carols:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to you and your entire family J.P.!!!

Now quit playing with your Wii and get busy cleaning and planning and wrapping and WHATEVER!

Kranki said...

Oh man! You are sooo not going to get a turn on your new Wii.

Sounds incredibly insane. But in a good way.

Merry Christmas!

JP said...

Suzieq You sound like Sharkey....

kranki The kids and adults were all Wii-struck. =)