Thursday, December 28, 2006

Down Time.... FINALLY!!

Christmas 2006 came and went. And the last of my family left today. Sharkey and I are finally in down time mode. Let out a big SIGH today!! It's time to vacuum everything, pitch what needs to be thrown away and just crash. Maggie Malarkey is fast asleep next to me. She looks how I feel; really freakin' tired!! Our house is none the worst for wear. A few spots to Oxyclean here and there, laundry to be done, but we have an almost clear fridge with little to no leftovers!!! Here's how I felt since around Saturday afternoon:

JP RUNNING

It was a very nice Christmas overall. It was great to get "The Family" together. I was able to spend some quality time w/ the nephews and they "learned" me all about the video games and movies they watch. The Nintendo Wii got a nice workout. Everyone was basking in the Wii-goodness, even my 70 year old mother was having fun bowling and playing baseball on the Wii. She even hit a home run! That thing was worth the grief Sharkey gave me for buying it. My gigantic 6' 5" nephew also enjoyed the technological wonderment that is Uncle JP. I was able to show him how to rip DVD's on to his Sony PSP.

If you'll excuse me I think I'll catch some "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and go into a coma now. JP out!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Nephew LOVED "his" Wii. I say "his" because basically my Brother gave it to him so he could have one ;-)

He's bringing the Wii to my parent's house for New Year's Eve so we can all play it.

I'm glad your Christmas was good!!

Oh and how come there were a bunch of pictures of you in the 2006 newsletter and only ONE of Sharkey?

Anonymous said...

There was only one picture of Sharkey because Sharkey was the newsletter's photo editor. Also, she was the photographer, and consequently is in a very small percentage of the photos she takes.

Kranki said...

That Wii turned out to be a very good investment, indeed. You must have been voted Most Cool Uncle EVER!

JP said...

suzieq glad to see your brother's icy, capitolistic heart melted and he gave a Wii to little boy. And Suzieq, you didn't notice the stamp I used for your card? I'm disappointed... =)

kranki Yes, I retain the title of #1 Cool Uncle.

The Q said...

Of COURSE I noticed it!!! Superman...how could I not? ;-)

Well my Brother sold something like 6 Wii's and kept the 7th one. So his heart was still pretty icy. I also think he slips and says "My Wii" instead of "K's Wii" on occasion. ;-)