Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Cold Virus - 5, JP and Sharkey - 0

Happy New Year!! Here's my first post of 2007. Did you ever wonder how a virus works? Fresh from the How Stuff Works website:

virus-human-lytic

Now why is JP explaining this? Who gives a rats butt, right? JP is a psycho? JP is a nerd and has nothing better to do? Yes to all of those things!!! Truth be told, JP and Sharkey were the recipients of a pretty annoying cold virus since 12/29. We coughed, sneezed, and ached our way into 2007. If you know my Sharkey, you know she is as tough as they come. Even when she was feeling blah, she was still moving around and telling me if I got up, took a shower and moved around I'd feel better. I however am not cut from the same cloth. JP is a mamma's boy when it comes to being sick. JP likes to stay in bed and sleep, sleep, sleep the cold away. Pump a lot of fluids, medicate away the cold and beg the wife to make you soup. It is my way.

So our colds are finally starting to fade and we are getting back to our JP and Sharkey selves again. Time to take down the holiday decorations and do the patch up on the house from the big family gathering and plan the "big" projects for 2007. And now we are feeling more on par we can start to make our resolutions for 2007 like: Eat better, spend less money, go to the gym 3x a week, stand for truth, justice, and the American way?

Superman Crest

Does anyone actually keep the resolutions they make in the new year? Or if they do, how long do they keep them? What if you tried to keep the resolutions you made in the previous years before making new ones? And are resolutions the things we dislike the most about ourselves and know we should change, but know there's a snowball's chance in hell that we will? Maybe we should make fun resolutions like: eat more fast food, work less, and relax more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your fun resolutions! It makes sense to me!

Anonymous said...

If the last three resolutions that you mention are your true ones.. I think that you got truth and the (new) american way covered. But what about justice? Never mind... I get it.

Eating more fast food, working less, and relaxing more all adds up to gaining weight (and justice is served).

Kranki said...

One year I jokingly said at a New Year's party that my resolution was to gain weight. That year I gained 50lbs after being the same weight for most of my adult life. I have no idea why this happened except that the universe has a very sick sense of humour.

JP said...

judepa Maintaining justice is not a low calorie task. You need your rest and plenty of carbs!

kranki I used to say my Asian hyper active metabolism would keep me in check forever. Yeah, I "used" to say that...