Friday, December 08, 2006

What is in a Fortune?

Here's a fortune I recently received in a cookie:

"There is in the worst of fortunes the best chance of a happy ending."

Even though this probably came from the Hong Kong book of really weak philosophy, I do think there is some truth into what it says. How many times have you been through what you thought was the worst situation and then once you're through and can look back you see how it changed you and your life for the better? Does adversity really develop character and reveal our true potential? I think it does. I'm hoping to update this post in a year with a prime example of this philosophy in action. But until then...

May all of your worst fortunes, have the happiest of endings!!

3 comments:

Character Builder said...

Hmmm...I think I can relate. Hopefully I'll be able to relate even better soon--when Jason gets an awesome job!

Kranki said...

CANNOT WAIT for your update!

JP said...

cb Everything happens for a reason. It may not be the best time for it to happen, but it will all work out. Before you know it Jason will be doing something he likes and getting paid to do it.

kranki Update will be coming out SOON!! Stay tuned!