Thursday, December 07, 2006

Yo Queiro Taco Puke?

Ever been so sick you want to die? Ever have your intestines twist around into knotted geometric patterns? Well that's what happened to me when we went to Sharkey's cousin's wedding in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on July 2005. We arrived there no problem and I wanted to go to Perkin's for some food, but noooooo, Sharkey wanted to check in and make sure the rooms were OK, which we were sharing with Character Builder and her family. Also, Sharkey and Character Builder's parents were coming too, so she wanted to make sure they were good. So I said, "OK, I'll just go run over to Taco Bell and grab something." I can even remember what I had, Mexican Pizza and 2 supreme tacos.

So I wake up the next morning to a feeling I hadn't felt in a really, really, really long time. Yes, it was that nasty, sickening feeling you had when you were like 8 years old. Why is it that young kids puke a lot anyway? I won't go into the nasty graphic details, and mind you I could, but my day went way, way downhill from there. Actually, it went sort of like this:



I turned a nice pale color and became dehydrated. This lasted for 24 hours. I felt like I was going to die. Heck, I would've gladly welcomed death. It would've been preferable to how I felt. So at hour 25 I finally started to feel a bit better. I was about 2 hours away from telling Sharkey I think I wanted to go to the emergency room. Sharkey, being the kind, loving wife and all ran out and got me crackers, Jello, and Gatorade.

Since that wedding weekend, I have BANNED Taco Bell. People still are amazed that I have not set foot into one since then. I admit I can be a fast food junkie, as I frequent Wendy's, McDonald's, and Arby's. But I nixed out running to the border. In fact, my experience created such a negative impression that I really don't like even seeing Taco Bell commercials. So how fitting now that there's an outbreak of e-coli poisoning in NJ, PA, and DE!!! So if I had overcome my restaurant avoidance, the same thing could've happened again! Oh no, you little chihuahua, you stay the hell away from me. You aren't getting me again!!!!!

4 comments:

Character Builder said...

I knew it was only a matter of time before you threw this back in Taco Bell's face! At least you didn't get e coli. I thought of you when I first heard about all this stuff.

I can't see the pictures you posted. When are you coming back--my computer needs help! :)

Anonymous said...

I had a similar incident with Carls Junior. I haven't eaten at one since (and we're talking about OVER 25 years because I was a kid when it happened).

Now that I'm a vegetarian, I can't eat at many (if any) fast food places anymore anyway, but it I could, I'd still avoid the Jr.

You know what's sad? I always thought that everyone got "sick" (not to your extent) when they ate at Taco H*ll. Seriously, I'm not kidding...whenever we (my friends and myself) would go there, we'd all have "issues" immediately afterward. Why did we ever go back you ask? We were dumb kids but now I really wonder!?!?

Kranki said...

I had a similar situation this summer with sushi. I was bedridden for days. I did think at one point I might die and I actually prayed a couple times. I have not eaten sushi since which saddens me as it was my favourite food.

I have heard a few bad, bad stories about Taco Bell so I will NEVER go there. Why are they still so popular, I wonder?

JP said...

cb Yeah, and I really enjoyed being near death in a hotel room with your daughter yelling "I LOVE YOU MOMMA, I LOVE YOU!!!!!" =)

suzieq Carl's JR. That joint reminds me of what are called Hardee's out here. Both suck no matter what coast they're on. I suppose the number of times I did Taco Bell and didn't get sick should be taken into consideration, but after the last experience, I just cannot do it.

kranki Why are they popular? Two words: Cheap & Cheese. You can eat at Taco Bell for less than most fast food places and you get a lot of cheese on everything.