Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Am a Sucker For...

Marketing. Yes it's true. I have mentioned this before, but I fall for everything that's shiny, iPhone 3G gadgetry, iPhone 3G and new iPhone 3G. It could something that's very similar to something I already own, iPhone 3G but if they make it a different color with marginally better qualities I find that something irresistible. Like the iPhone 3G coming out on July 11th at the local At&T store.

Tastykake and snack chips. I grew up with these sweet treats called Tastykake. I cannot help picking up pies, Kandykakes, Creme filled coffee cakes, and Krimpets when I go to the supermarket or Wawa. And whenever I see a new snack chip or some other chippage that is BOGO at the supermarket I'll 99% of the time get it. It's really amazing that I do not look like a balloon sculpture eating all this crap.

One of Character Builder's kids. Much to my dismay, and this surprises me as much as anything, I found myself dropping gobs of cash at the local cheese festival when I was in Minnesota to win crappy stuffed animals made in China for this little girl. I think it was the way she looked at me and how excited she was when we where there. Truth be told my view is that it's only money and the look on her face was totally worth it. But the lesson here is that I am in such BIG trouble if Sharkey and I have a daughter.

So those are three of my things, are you a sucker for anything??

4 comments:

Character Builder said...

Jason says that I should tell you, "Retail is for suckers!"

I totally know how you feel with that kid. She needs another stuffed animal like she needs a hole in her head. (Was that in poor taste, especially considering that I'm her mom?) But I keep buying them for her because she really does love them so much. Her dilemma right now is trying to figure out which ones to bring with her to the hospital.

WILLIAM said...

I was going to comment but for some reason I am compelled to go research an Iphone 3g.

Anonymous said...

I see a pony in your future, along with a daughter, of course. Because a pony without a little girl would just be silly, right? ;-)

JP said...

cb I think Catherine lapped Grandma Bea with her collection of stuffies...

william It was great, it was better than CATS, I'd see it again and again...

q Your prediction may be more accurate than you know...