Sunday, June 22, 2008

A World Without Sharkey

So Sharkey is currently in Minnesota helping out CharacterBuilder's family while Catherine is recuperating from her brain surgery. I had to come home last Sunday because I have some time sensitive projects going on and being that I am the "new" guy I have to be at work to show my Japanese work ethic off. It has been 7 days all by myself. I drove Sharkey and Maggie to MN last Friday and now I have the house all by myself. This span of time has been the longest that Sharkey and I have been apart since we've been married. You think I'd be golfing, watching loud movies, staying out at all hours of the night, and just enjoying the bachelor life. Well, yes I have been doing all of those things, but at this point, I want Sharkey back! We talk every night on the phone, but you just cannot replace the "together" time you know. Also, being all by myself with no wife and no dog, just.... SUCKS!!! This Friday I fly back to MN to drive Sharkey and Maggie back home. T minus 5 days and counting...

4 comments:

Character Builder said...

Awww...she did say while we were eating the other day, "Too bad JP isn't here." I guess that means she misses you too. And Maggie obviously does as well. Enjoy your time while you can!

Anonymous said...

I'm 99.9% sure the Hubs would think you're insane. He'd probably give his left pinkie finger to have that much time away from me and the Dog (he'd also want the cats to vacate too though).

The "Japanese worth ethic" bit made me laugh out loud. Where can I get one of those? ;-)

WILLIAM said...

Whenever I travel for work, I get excited because I know I will have a few days to myself and after the first day it sucks.

JP said...

cb Yeah, she may not say it as much as I do, but she misses me. Yeah, I know she does. Yeah..

q What the Hubs doesn't like to be Dr. Dolittle?

william Yeah, I usually find myself doing all sorts of things around the house when Sharkey's out just to keep busy. Which I never do when she's here.