Saturday, June 07, 2008

Limited Edition Krimpets and Wii Fit

I have found that the universe balances itself out. You know, things like good and evil canceling each other out. Seemingly awful situations spin to have not too bad outcomes.

Case in point, I was at the market picking up milk, yogurt, and veggies (all good for you stuff notice...) when I came across these:

Pancake Krimpets

Yes my friends, Pancake Krimpets. Cake with a butter cream center and maple frosting. Limited edition tasty treats. The bells go off, I figure that all the healthy things I have in my basket surely offset these beauties and into the cart they go. OK, not really. It is crazy, but these things taste really like pancakes. If it wasn't so really bad for you, I could totally take them for breakfast in the morning instead of my coffee, yogurt, and Kashi bars (man I sound like a fossil).

But in universal balancing fashion, Nintendo releases the Wii Fit and of course this thing is a JP must have. I wasn't smart enough to pre-order one, so of course I had to perform the ritual electronics hunt. I wasn't giving in to the eBay vulture/scalpers who do not even own Wii's and just buy them for profit and monetary gain (Pssst, scalpers YOU SUCK!!!). So I ran the typical pattern for when I wanted the latest and greatest electronic goody: websites and weekly trips to Target, Walmart, and Circuit City to ask the high school kids working there if they have any Wii Fit's in stock. So yesterday I got to work, logged on, answered my e-mail then decided to check some websites to see if any Wii Fit's were for sale. Well as fate would have it, the local Walmart had them "In Limited Stock" so I took a "break" from work, cough, cough, at ahem, cough 8:45AM and went to Walmart to get one. I give you the Wii Fit:

WiiFit

So I figure I can eat boxes and boxes of Krimpets as long as I play Wii Fit every day!! See my friends, UNIVERSAL BALANCE!!!

6 comments:

Kranki said...

Ah yes...the interconnectedness of all things. You lose weight and somebody else finds it. You buy sugar and a WiiFit lands in your lap (coughsortacough). One must not force the balance of nature. Ohm.

Actually I am deadly curious about those WiiFits. Do they actually work? Keep us posted.

Unknown said...

I totally need one of those. I guess I need a Wii first of course.

Character Builder said...

Oh man! I'm so jealous! We stopped in at Best Buy the other day to see if they had one, and the guy said that they were going to be in their ad this Sunday, so come back then. I checked online to see what time they opened, and it said 11am. Alex and I left home about 10:20 this morning to head over there, and it turns out that they opened at 9, and we missed them all. Since you're heading this way soon, call me if you see one in a store somewhere!

Anonymous said...

I can see picking up the Wii Fit, but pancake krimpets? and do you put syrup on them or whipped cream on them?

WILLIAM said...

Am I the only reader that is more impressed with the Pancake Krimpets that the Wii.

Holy of all that is Holy...pancake Krimpets...seriously that is inventive.

JP said...

kranki I'll let you know if the WiiFit works. Well, it probably does work if you use it every day... =)

mainline mom Wii rocks! But the Wii is still in short supply, and Wii Fit is like trying to find a dog biscuit in a kennel of hungry dogs.

CB You have to really want it to get one. I mean like crazy, really want it.

judepa No syrup or creme to put on, it's built into the Krimpet

william And they totally taste like a short stack. It's really wild!