Thursday, July 06, 2006

Mornings with Mags...

Getting ready rituals. We all have them. You know what I'm talking about. They are the things we do to get ready for the day. You know, things like getting up, brushing the teeth, making the coffee, taking a shower and getting dressed. My ritual is a bit different than most I think. See JP takes showers at night, before bedtime. Why you ask?? Well, it's pretty much how I was raised. Maybe it's a Japanese thing, but I always have showered before bedtime. My entire family does in fact too. Sharkey does not do the JP ritual if you were wondering. She does the morning shower like I'm sure 80-90% of you do. So in the morning, my getting ready ritual is to brush the teeth, put the contacts in, shave, and then dunk the head under the shower head to put conditioner in so I can get the hair in decent shape for the day.

Well, my Maggie has managed to wiggle her way into my morning ritual, namely the head dunking part. Every morning, as soon as I turn the faucet on in the tub, she comes prancing over and wants JP to give her a drink. I'm a sucker for this, I think it's pretty sweet in fact, and she's my little girl after all, so I always give in and give her a drink.

Morning drink for Mags

3 comments:

The Q said...

I think all men should be required to shower before bed. Japanese or not. I'm just saying...personally, I'd rather cuddle up to a freshly soaped smelling man than a stinking all day smelling man.

NOT that the Hubs stinks, 'cause he doesn't...he sweats floral scents.

*ahem*

Anyway, ADORABLE picture J.P., ya big push over! ;-)

Kranki said...

I am a night showerer as well. Just because I am lazy and like to sleep in as much as I can.

I think it is sweet that Maggie is part of your morning routine.

JP said...

soozieq It's hard to resist the little girl w/ her paws on the tub.

I do think I'm in the minority of men, not just because I'm Japanese too. I can remember walking to the public showers when I was in college at night and there'd only be like 1-2 other guys taking showers.

kranki I totally agree with you there!! For me sleeping wins over eating almost 100% of the time!!