Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Mosquito City

Every Thursday is golf league. I talk about golf a lot, I know. And if you are a reader of my blog you know I golf on Thursdays, there are some jerks, I play with a dude named Peters, etc. Anyway, last week I didn't play because Sharkey and I were in Miami meeting Suzie and the Hubs. I love golf, but it was really nice not having to play last week. See, the problem here is that lately Eastern PA has received just the right combination of rain to become the perfect breeding ground for my favorite pest, the mosquito. Did you know it is also the state bird of Minnesota??

It's not so bad around our house, but where I play golf is just BRUTAL!! You want to stay in the sunlight as much as possible and you pray for a wind. Because if you venture off into the shade or near a water hazard you are eaten alive. The week before we left for Miami I had finished a round of golf and I counted 32 bites on me!! For some reason, the good Lord above made me a natural mosquito attractor. Now the other thing you have to understand is that unfortunately I am EXTREMELY allergic to mosquito bites. I swell up, I look like a balloon sculpture, it's not pretty. I tried all the different types of repellent. I tried the all natural stuff with citronella and some new agent. The crap with lemon eucalyptus. That stuff sucked!! I think the mosquitoes liked me more. No my friends, I'm sad to say that the stuff that works the best is still the old standard, 29% DEET Deep Woods OFF!!! So if I grow a third arm or eye in the back of my head, so be it. I hate those bloodsuckers!!!

I checked out tomorrow's mosquito report and here it is:



Thankfully, it's not too bad. Two weeks ago the bar chart was at "Very High" from 4-8pm. Right smack in the middle of JP's golf league.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The skeeters love ya because you're so sweet.

(Hope this comment doesn't make your other readers gag.)

Anonymous said...

*gagging*

I used to get some stuff from OFF that was 100% DEET! I loved it. It worked great. It disolved most plastics like hot water on cotton candy.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it recently.

Kranki said...

I am exactly the same way. Allergic and all swelled up with bites. It is terrible. And itchy.

Anonymous said...

I have heard that the mosquitos love the scent of Taco Bell!!!

Character Builder said...

Ha ha! Good one, Anonymous!

The Q said...

That's just mean Anon. However, I bet if *I were to state that I had this problem, then Character Builder would tell me to drink about 8 Lemon Drops and they'd leave me alone.

:::::gags::::

And Sharkey's comment only made me throw up a tiny bit. Mostly because that I know that J.P. IS so sweet. I'm talking from a personality point of view, not because I licked his skin when we were in Florida.

JP said...

sharkey Thanks Baby!! ILY2!!

oddmix 100% DEET? You can do that legally? Sounds like one of those things that they thought was a good idea at the time until the long term test results came back....

kranki I feel your pain my sister!!!


anon NICE!!!! Yo Queiro Throw Up often!!

soozieq Thanks!! Now a licking would have made for good blogging!!! Though..eeeeeewwwwww..... =)