Thursday, July 20, 2006

Things That I Like...

In Hollywood, FL this week. Trying to teach clients new things and "learn them good." Convention ended today, so now it is time for some DOWN TIME!!! Sharkey and I rented a car. We got a Pontiac G6. It is pretty tight. It corners and accelerates pretty nicely. I've been wanting to try out that car for a while. I drive a Toyota Matrix, and I really like how it handles and that was a joint auto venture b/w Toyota and Pontiac, so there are some similarities to Pontiac in my Japanese car. We also checked into the Marriott and guess what's in the room!!!!


This lead me to think about things I really like:

1. Tight cornering, decent accelerating automobiles. I drive a Toyota now, but next time I think an Infiniti G35x is in order.... SSSSSHHHHHH do not tell Sharkey about this plan.... (ahem...)

2. Flat screen TV's. Hey, did you know the prices are dropping??? True story, check it out on Yahoo!!

3. High tech Gadgets. Yep love them. GPS handhelds w/ maps, multifunctional mobile phones, iPods, flash drives, mini optical mice, and PC's/Macs.

4. Room Service. It's vacation, you want to sleep in, but still want breakfast. What can be better???

5. Full service hotels. Let me just tell you, if you do not ever want to get jaded like I am, NEVER....EVER stay at a Disney Resort Hotel. And never stay at a Marriott Vacation Club Resort. Cause once you stay at one of those, it's really hard to stay at any other place.

6. Rainy days. Not sure why, but I've always liked the nice, soaking steady rainy days. I always have. I'm not talking the storming, 60 MPH wind, lightning/thunder type of day. I'm talking about the proverbial April shower type of day w/ the steady falling rain where you just sit back w/ a nice hot beverage, good book, and just veg...

7. Watches. I love tracking time. I do not know why? I just love different watches. I probably own about 10 different ones. Seiko, Citizen, Oakley, Fossil, are some of the timepieces I have.

8. Pens. I think this goes hand in hand w/ the watch fixation. I have several types of pens too. Cross, Watermark, Sensa, and a Belkin laser pointer/PDA stylus/pen (hence satisfying the gadget affinity too)

9. Sunglasses. Never skimp on the eyes or the feet. I love the wraparound Oakley's, I have a pair of Ray Ban's and of course Callaway specs.

10. Golf. It is my passion. I could hit balls every day 365 days a year. I love it. I think doing it serves a few things for me. It puts me in the "zone." It helps me to totally relax, feel "centered," and it makes me feel closer to my departed Dad. He taught me how to golf initially, and some of the best memories I have of him of are he and I playing. I never did beat him when he was alive. Pity, because I'm pretty sure I could give him a run for his money now!!

So that's my ten... If you have a little time, I'd like to hear a few of yours...

4 comments:

The Q said...

Hey new best friend...I don't have time (nor do I trust our hotel's "wireless" connection) but real quick.....I am TOTALLY sending you one of our "Business Pens"...it's like a Mont Blanc, but not.

You're going to LOVE it.

By the way...I thought I was the only weirdo who was "into" pens. I'm glad there are others like me ;-)

Thank you guys so much for a really fun evening. The only bad thing is that now I wish we lived closer...you probably don't, but I do!

JP said...

soozieq Hey you!! No you are totally not a weirdo! Pens rule!

We really had a great time tonight too. You and the Hubs are quality people. We'll have to pay a visit out west and meet up again!

Anonymous said...

I am with you on 1, and 5.

9, too. The problem with 9 is I have a wide face and have a heck of a time finding a pair that fit. The best I've ever found are actually polycarb, UV blocking safety glasses from HomeDepot that look like Oakleys and cost less than $20.

2, 3, 7, and 8 blur into one broad obsession for me. I mix digital cameras in there, too. I love nice pens. My favorite ever was a ceramic tip, liquid ink engineering pen that gave a 0.1mm line.

4 I have never used much and 10 I think I could get into but for time and money sake have avoided.

My other passions are fine cooking, good reading, and being home on the farm with my family.

Kranki said...

I am too hot to think up 10 things but I am grooving on the LCD/plasma TVs right now. I would LOVE one.