Saturday, April 14, 2007

My Audience

So today I went to the driving range to practice my craft for the upcoming golf season. Sharkey recently purchased an entertainment book from the nice woman who watches Maggie when we are out of town. In the entertainment book they have coupons for my driving range for buy one get one free on buckets of balls. So I'm in heaven. Its about 56 degrees out, I have the iPod playing "JP Smooth Tunes" while I hit. I was feeling and getting the groove on today and was hitting quite well.

Anyway, I switched clubs to my driver, which is fast becoming the favorite club in my bad. It's BADASS!!! It's like a sledgehammer, and makes this high pitched sound when it connects with the ball.



Well, I'm in zen mode and the swing is on automatic. Then I turn around and notice I have an audience. Standing there watching me are two kids, ages about 8-10 years old. Pretty cute. They were there watching the amazing ball whacky guy. So I decided to give them their money's worth. I put everything I had into the next couple, and since the swing was on auto today I could do that and still connect with the ball and do the photo perfect finish. So after a few "Wow!!!" and "Look at that!!" remarks they walked away. I finished up and got situated to walk back to my car.

So I am walking out and all of a sudden one of the kids runs up to me with a big smile on his face and said, "Really good work out there today!!!" That just made my day. I smiled at him and said, "Thanks!!"

1 comment:

Kranki said...

Aw! That is seriously nice. Most kids wouldn't do that.

BTW-I have recently discovered that when you register your Entertainment book online you have access to a whole 'nother shwack of coupons to print off. Many are unlimited use ones. I have saved sooooo much more with the online coupons than from the book ones.