Saturday, December 15, 2007

HD Anyone? LCD Anyone?

So this week I received my job review and year end bonus. I told Sharkey early this week depending on what the bonus was I'd either call her and tell her we were going out to eat somewhere nice or that is was LCD time (i.e. time to upgrade the family room 27" tube TV to 32" flat screen). Well the review went well and I called Sharkey to tell her it was LCD time!!!

Tonight I ordered the LCD from Amazon.com with no tax and free shipping. It's a Samsung 32" LCD flat screen HDTV:



It's not the largest flat screen available, but it fits a few requirements:

1. It fits into the entertainment cabinet, (which it must per Sharkey), without me having to "alter" the entertainment cabinet with a circular saw

2. It has a built in HD tuner, 8000:1 contrast, 720p, and selective modes for games, movies, & sports. It is a Geek's dream come true

3. It is gadgetry extreme & received great reviews on CNet.

So now the question at hand is, drop DirecTV for Verizon Fios TV or upgrade to DirecTV HD?

3 comments:

Character Builder said...

Congrats! I know how exciting this must be for you! We need to get ourselves one of those. Someday, I suppose.

Kranki said...

YAY! New coolio TV. I have no idea what you are talking about detail-wise but I'll be emailing you when I start shopping for an LCD TV. Clearly I need more info.

JP said...

cb Your Dad pushed me over the edge. When I saw he had 2 LCD's and I was still watching the 27" round Panasonic I realized it was time! I waited a LONG time and resisted the urge MANY times!

kranki You can reach me whenever you'd like... I will be happy to educate you in the ways of HD! =)