Friday, December 07, 2007

Why?

Why? Why do people do the things they do? I just do not get it. Case in point. I used my educational discount to buy Sharkey a new MacBook Pro laptop less $200 and Apple was running a deal at the time where if you bought a MacBook you could get an iPod for $80. The iPod was the 30GB Black one that can play videos. So our master plan was to sell the iPod on eBay to get back some of the cash we forked out for the MacBook Pro. So last week I took some photos, Sharkey wasn't satisfied with my photos, so she took more photos of the iPod. So I used both of our photos and I setup the auction to go for 5 days and waited. So today the auction closed at $260. I just don't get it. If you go to Apple.com, you can buy a new 80GB iPod for $249. So why buy mine? I'm not complaining of course, but I just do not get it. What was it? The eBay competition? My brilliant advertising on eBay? Doubt it. So I ask, "Why?"

On another note, I saw this little clay-mation skit on Saturday Night Live and I had to post it when I found it on YouTube. I think it's hysterical:

2 comments:

The Q said...

My Brother is funding his Christmas on overpriced eBay Wii's (again). I too have to ask WHY do people continue to pay more for an item than they have to?!?

JP said...

soozieq Hey isn't that the new retirement plan strategy? Nintendo Wii? =)