Saturday, December 22, 2007

Samsung, The Offical TV of the NFL

So this week, I finally got my LCD!! It was shipped right in time for Christmas from Amazon.com.

NewToy2

So like my MacBook post, I have to show you all a picture of the unwrapping process:

NewToy3

So I carefully took it out of the box, then hooked it to my entertainment system. Unfortunately I quickly came to realize that this TV was light years ahead of my existing equipment, and my existing standard video cable was not cutting it with this TV. So off to the Radio Shack I went for new component video cables for my DVD player and home theater receiver. I came back and hooked up everything, and powered it up.

NewToy4

It looks pretty good and DVD's look awesome. But the existing DirecTV connection is just so-so. See the thing is the LCD can process a lot more video information than what my satellite dish is giving it. So essentially the dish isn't giving the TV enough information. So the result is sort of a grainy picture. So this led me to the next change in the home audio/video equipment. I called Verizon up yesterday and we'll have HD FIOS installed the first week of January 2008!!! They are offering a deal right now where you get phone, internet, and HD TV for $150/month and you also get a free 19" Sharp Aquos LCD TV. Hello High Definition! Right in time for the Super Bowl!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome. Merry Christmas!!!

Kranki said...

Saweeet! But you pointed out a worrisome issue. Once you get the great TV then everything else starts to suck and you then have to 'catch-up' the rest of your equipment and your great deal turns into an expensive purchase. Not that there is anything wrong with that. When I get mine I'll just have to budget accordingly.

JP said...

cb It is very awesome!!! You will love it when you take the plunge trust me...

kranki Oh my....oh my....oh my you just do not know the 1/2 of it. More to come....