Tuesday, August 15, 2006

MacBook Day 3

OK, I won't keep reporting on my new experiences with my MacBook, but I decided to tell you something I have noticed. Everything looks soooooo DIFFERENT on the MacBook. What do I mean? Pictures, webpages, colors. They are all different. Sharkey says that this is due to the different gamma the MacBook uses. I'm not even sure I know what she's talking about, but it doesn't matter. This piece of hardware has made personal computing fun again. Minimalism rules!!!!



I mentioned this a bit last night, but let me elaborate a bit more. Contemplating a Mac, but don't think you can do without WinXP? Well if you want both, you can have it with Parallels software. You need a WinXP install CD and license, because Parallels just sets up a virtual machine in the Mac OS. The install takes about an hour, because you are essentially installing the WinXP OS. But it is very slick. Check it out, you can open a window with a fully functioning WinXP operating system running. You can share files between the operating systems and all the wonderful Windows applications you used before can be carried over to the Mac. This also is a big improvement over the dual booting Bootcamp solution that Apple has provided with their OS. So all the "normal" things you are used to doing with Windows is not banished and forgotten.



The existence of this software really tipped the scales in my decision to go Apple instead of PC.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you've turned into one of THEM! A Mac-evangelist. I can only hope it doesn't rub off on me. :)

Character Builder said...

I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

JP said...

sharkey Too late Honey, way too late. This from the girl who already personalized my Mac w/ her Sharkey settings.

cb Gee you are so technical sis, I cannot believe you do not get it.