Saturday, August 19, 2006

Turk N' Surf

Used the good old, Masterbuilt Turk N' Surf again tonight. Sharkey and I threw a summer turkey fry party. I found a good Food 911 recipe for Southern Friend Turkey on the FoodTV.com site. Thank you Tyler Florence.



We had 11 people over tonight and cooked a 12lb. turkey. It was pretty good. It cooked in about 50 minutes. It was pretty good. Very moist with a slight kick. It was way better than the one we cooked last Thanksgiving. That brine stuff I think is only good for oven baking. I think the flash frying definitely needs to be injected. It was fun playing heroin addict and shooting up the bird last night!! Come on man, I need my fix....give me drugs...give me drugs.... OK Tom Turkey, no problem, the first one is free, but the next one will cost you a little money!!!! =)

We had drinks and pie for dessert. YUM!!! PIE!!!! I love pie. Sharkey made a pumpkin pie and we also had a French Silk Pie. It was fun and Maggie couldn't believe all the people that came just to see her tonight. What a little princess she is!!

3 comments:

Kranki said...

Any pics of the bird? Sounds like a masterpiece.

Character Builder said...

Forget the bird pics. I want to see pics of the pies!

JP said...

kranki I wanted Sharkey to take a picture of my masterpiece, but all she could say was, "Carve it, come on hurry up and carve it, people are waiting!!!" =)

cb The pies were yummy, but they were no Baker's Square