Saturday, November 04, 2006

I "ham" the Dog Picture Printer...

So today Sharkey and I are at the Church doing the annual Blessing of the Animals event. Our Maggie-Moo came from the rescue as did our last little girl Penny. We were also the first people to be foster parents for the rescue. That's a whole post I'll tell you about some other time.

It's funny watching Sharkey in action. She is also quite the task master. I am in "YES DEAR" mode today. Want me to do that? Yes dear. Print that, yes dear. Lift that up, yes dear. Put that here not there, yes dear. She has a heart for the rescue though.

I do give her credit. Last year we were doing announcements about the 2005 Blessing of the Animals and the rescue had asked Sharkey to speak. Sharkey does stand up training so speaking in front of people is no big deal. So as part of the talk the rescue had people bring in their adopted pets to show everyone the great work they've done. So here I am in front of a group of about 100 people holding the Mags and standing next to Sharkey as she starts her big talk. Well Sharkey only made it through about 1/2 of her announcement before she was just crying her eyes out in front of 100 people. I don't mean your mere couple of tears here and there type of cry either. I mean the full blown cannot speak bawling eyes out type of crying. See Sharkey can do informational classes just fine, but when she's talking about things from the heart, she gets a bit, um.... emotional. The funny thing was I was trying to figure out if I should step in and bail her out, but then I looked out at the audience and a bunch of other people were starting to cry as well. So I let her go. But this year when they asked her to speak again, I did the talk for her.... =)

So here I am by the printer typing this post out with the Mags laying down in her crate next to me. It's nice I installed a wireless internet network at the church so I can just hook on and surf. Sharkey is doing her photo thingy. Squeaking toys, trying to make dog and human smile pretty for the picture. It's a pretty neat event. Our church Pastor is blessing whatever manner of creature walks in the door and we do get a pretty good variety: dogs, cats, gerbils, hamsters, frogs, lizards, bugs. I give the man of the cloth a lot of credit, cause there's no way JP would be touching some of those things!!!

So I am proud to present "Zen Dog on Canvas." Ok, not really, but it does look like the Mags is meditating:

DSC_5985

3 comments:

Kranki said...

I really love the idea of blessing the animals. They do so much for us. And I know I too would bawl my head off if I had to do a talk about wee beasties and fostering and such. Sharkey is a big softy. Maggie looks so cute with her Zen look and her growing out haircut. The tuft on her head is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

I can't stop giggling at Maggie's pic. Too cute. God Bless Sharkey and all the animals.

JP said...

kranki / cherie Zen dog on canvas is an instant classic. You just cannot beat a meditating pooch.