Sunday, November 12, 2006

Pssst... Hey Dad... This one's for you!!!

So you know Sharkey hails from the frozen tundra known as Minnesota where they just had around a foot of snow this past week. As you also know, we also travel there quite a bit. And I know there are also a lot of Sharkey's relatives who lurk on my BLOG. Yes, you read my rants, my jargon, but never give me any feedback. I'm totally OK with that too. It helps you to know what's going on w/ me and it may give you some insight on what actually goes through my head, as scary and frightening as that may be.

Well in addition to Sharkey coming from Minnesota, her family also has the long standing devotion to the Minnesota Vikings football team. Here's where everything comes apart. See I'm a Green Bay Packers fan. YES IT IS TRUE!! I have never liked the Eagles. And sorry, but I really hate the Philly fans. I think if you're a true fan you stick with your team even when they are in a big losing streak and you don't jump ship at the first sign of trouble. I hate the way the Philly fans turn on their team so quickly. See I was a big fan of "The Preacher" Reggie White. I really liked Reggie. So when he went to play for the Pack, they became my team.

The first time I went to go visit Sharkey's Grandpa Bud and he found out I cheer for the Pack, he told me, "Well you just lost your standing in this family." So if you are unaware, there's a pretty big rivalry between Green Bay and the Vikes. In fact, whenever they play I typically will hear from my Father in Law if the Vikes pound them. Well like the good sport I am, I don't call and gloat and rub it in. But since I know my Father In Law is a lurker, and the Pack beat the Vikes 23-17 today, well Dad, this one's for you!!!!

Brett Fav....re.....

A Packer fan in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, "Wanna hear a joke about Viking fans?"
The guy next to him replies, "Well before you tell that joke you should know something. I'm 6' tall and 220 pounds and I'm a Viking fan. The guy sitting next to me is 6'2" tall, 240 pounds and he's a Viking fan, and the guy sitting next to him is 6'5", 280 pounds and he's a Viking fan too. Now, do you still wanna tell that joke?"
The Packer fan says, "Nah, not if I'm gonna have to explain it three times."

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Character Builder said...

HAHAHA!!! That was great--sorry Dad. While it would be nice if the Vikings could pull it together, I really don't care that much. I didn't even have the game on, and didn't know that the Vikes lost until the 10pm news.

I love how you titled the photo "Brett Fav...re...Every time Jason or I say his name, that's how we say it too!

JP said...

Yeah, truth be told I didn't know the outcome of the game until I checked the scores on the internet. http://www.benfranklin300.org/news_release.php?id=25