Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Happy Hour - This Chapter Ends

And a new one begins. Tonight Sharkey and I went to a local microbrewery and met 10 of my coworkers. Some of them I've known for almost 10 years. It was a great time. We talked about when I was a wet behind the ears rookie, and then some others there know me as their mentor or their teacher. And those guys had their own stories of me as well.

So as I leave this job I've had for almost 10 years I look back and see how much I've changed and moved forward. How my journey has led me to this place. Along the way I met a lot of great people. Heck, I met my wife at work. That alone is the most important relationship of my professional career in my opinion. =) But it also makes me think how much I've changed to become the JP I am now. It was really a lot of fun laughing and talking about the "good old days" and the things I did myself and to hear how other people thought of me in the past.

And as fun as it was, I sit here and I have perspective. I am proud of the work I have done. I feel like I made a real difference for the company, for myself, and for the people I have met. And I can truthfully say with a clear conscience that I did the right thing with integrity and gave it everything I had every time. It was good work. As I move forward I'm excited and energized. I'm excited for a new opportunity, to learn a new business, and to continue to grow as an individual and make a difference again. 2 days to go....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about your future endeavors. I know you're going to kick a$$ though. It's just the J.P.way :-)

Character Builder said...

Don't work too hard on your last day. Oh. I guess I probably don't have to tell you that, do I? Enjoy the next couple of weeks!

Anonymous said...

Best of Luck my friend!

Kranki said...

It is really awesome that you can leave this job with such a great perspective. So many times leaving a job is filled with animosity and hard feelings. So YAY! for you and off to bigger and better things.

JP said...

soozieq I would not have it any other way Baby!

CB will do. BTW I talked to my new boss and got the time off you and the family will be in town/Washington.

cherie I'll miss ya, but I'm sure I'll hear from ya and about ya!

kranki Yes, leaving was one of the easiest and unbelievable experiences. Very surprising and very enlightening.